SOLVED Saving Profiles

Reaction score
I am in need of reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows 7 (medium-story), and I'd like to save the profiles from my current setup of Windows (7; SP1; Home Premium, x64). Is there a way to save the themes I've created? My goal is to copy those to a separate drive, and then copy them back once I've reinstalled Windows.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
BearPup

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Your themes should be in the hidden folder: C:\Users\BearPup\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes but if your themes use custom sounds or slideshow pictures those are probably in your Libraries and you would need to back those up & restore those as well.

Reaction score
Your themes should be in the hidden folder: C:\Users\BearPup\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes but if your themes use custom sounds or slideshow pictures those are probably in your Libraries and you would need to back those up & restore those as well.
Thanks that did the trick. As it turned out, the three custom themes I had created were at the file location you specified, but I'm in no way complaining (made my job that much easier). Hopefully restoring them to that location will go just as smoothly.

Again,many thanks (I've marked the appropriate response categories).

Reaction score
Update: I restored my profiles without any problems. It saved me at least a couple of hours worth of work to be able to copy 3 profiles to the right folder vs. reconstructing the profiles from scratch. Can't tell you how appreciative I am (though I kinda just did - LOL!). Seriously, many thanks for excellent advice.

Ask a Question