Same BSOD on 2 identical Shuttle PCs

Reaction score
The PCs in question are mini-PCs - Shuttle DS61. I use them to run a dedicated application basically running just one Python program. I have 3 of these Shuttles running this way just fine on Win7 - zero issues. I just purchased 2 more Shuttles (used) and strangely BOTH have the same BSOD (STOP: 0x00000124) which appears to be a hardware fault? The BSODs are intermittent (5-10% of the time) and happen just as the Windows 7 desktop screen starts to appear. Given both have the exact same BSOD issue is a strange red flag. The software and hardware are stock, as supplied by Shuttle. Both have a Intel i5 CPU. The BSOD occurs without any hardware connections other than the necessary HDMI screen and USB Keyboard/Touchpad. The stock software is Windows 7 Embedded. These 2 Shuttles were installed in some sort of retail point of sale device - one of the common uses for Shuttles - and re-sold to me 2 weeks ago. Note that since I use as a single unchanging captive application no Internet connection or software Updates are necessary. I also noticed in the attached event log that the same BSOD happend back in 2014 so it looks like this problem has been around for awhile.
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

Ask a Question