Safely Removal Icon

Reaction score
New to '7' obviously. On Xp had no problems with finding the Safely Removal balloon and have been advised that it is even more import to use it with '7' before removing a usb stick or whatever! However, I cannot find it at all. Even when I type into the box via the 'start' button nothing comes up on the 'search' engine. Any ideas please.

Reaction score
Hi UselessCheb - Welcome to w7forums

The icon will be located in the Notification Area called "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media". Click the option and you will have a menu of the items currently available to remove.

Reaction score
Aside from what clifford_cooley has so rightly posted, I go to Start/Computer then right click on the drive and choose 'eject'.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
The Notification Area likes to hide this icon, I make sure that once I plug a USB item in, I drag the Icon down to the bar so it is no longer hidden. Thereafter it always shows up and remains showing anythime I have my MP3 player or USB stick plugged in

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks draceena, I didn't realize it was that simple. Sometimes people forget, and don't click the icon first. I now have it on my taskbar. But I don't install any that I don't have to. I like it clean & uncluttered.:)

Ask a Question