Roller Coaster Tycoon

Reaction score
Ok I got Roller Coaster Tycoom back when I was using my Windows 98 computer. It's one of my favorite games from Windows 98. Now it runs fine on Windows 7 with one exception. If I minimize it my computer starts lagging and freezing like crazy. I try to pull the game back up and it's weird colored and locked up. Even after I close the program the computer still lags for a few hours then everything is back to normal. How could such an old game cause so much lag? I ran it under 64mb of ram on windows 98 and i've got 2gb for it now. It also ran fine on my xp computer under 256mb. Anyone have any suggestions?

Reaction score
Could "Virtual PC" or simular program help you here - I think I would try Virtualization?

Reaction score
I've been just fine running it on the xp pc. I just wanted to find out specifically why it wouldn't run under windows 7. I'm really looking for the cause of the problem instead of a solution. But yeah if I decide I really have to have it on my laptop I will look into virtualization.

Reaction score
I think virtualization would be the way to go. Windows 7 may not like software that old, but i dont know if that is true. Also, if you are running 64 bit, the program may not be compatible with that version of your OS.

Reaction score
Never owned hardware capable of 64 bit. I'm sure i'll have to eventually though. Os's will eventually cut the support for 32 bit like they did in the 90's for 16 bit. But yeah I'm just going to run it on my old xp pc. My Windows 7 machine only has an one core processor anyway so it wouldn't be a good candidate for a vm.

Ask a Question