Remote File sharing

Reaction score
I am an Access Developer in Sacramento. I have been using LogMeIn to connect to clients remotely and also, on occasion, to send or receive files. I have discovered that Remote Assistance seems to do the same thing, however, what does seem to be missing is the ability to transfer files conveniently from one machine to another.

Is there something I'm missing or is this not a part of Remote Access? If it is not, is there something else that Windows 7 offers that is basically the same thing as file transfer in LogMeIn?

If not, is there some other way of looking at the problem that others use when they need to send or receive files from another computer. The files I am talking about are not extraordinarily large.

It is very convenient in LogmeIn to see my drives in one pane and the clients in another and to just be able to drag and drop.
Thank you

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Remote Assistance does not offer File Transfer
Microsoft
but according to answer you should be able to do it if you use Remote Desktop but the other end must be Professional or Ultimate to use that.

Ask a Question