SOLVED Random BSOD's.

Reaction score
Windows Home Premuim x-64 bit

CPU - Intel Core i5 750

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

BIOS - American Megatrends inc. -Version 080015 Date: 08/27/2009

Motherboard - Foxconn P55MX Series 1.0

Memory - DDR3 4gigs Dual Channel

Fresh install of Windows. I believe windows updates have caused this problem for me. Because before I started to download and install 86 important updates, i ran the computer

for about 2-2 1/2 hours with no problems whatsoever. But I could be wrong because these bluescreens are completely random to me. It's not even when I'm gaming, sometimes I will

just be looking at my desktop.

Thank you in advance. This problem has been bugging me :\

Attachments

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Seems to me it's an issue with a component of Avast Antivirus. I suggest you either update it, or remove it entirely and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes. Make sure you also scan your system thoroughly for malware.

Reaction score
Right-o. I've heard that avast has caused this on some people with windows7. Thanks for the confirmation. Virus Scan is clean. Malware Scan clean. I'll remove avast with their Uninstall Utility and will let you all know if the problem persists.

Core - Just curious did you get that out of the dmp files? Did they mention avast?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
All but three of the DMP files mention aswSnx.SYS which is AVAST. One also mentioned NVidia so you should look at updating your video driver too if an update is available.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Yes. I didn't read all of them, just the most recent one, which indicated that aswsnx.sys had caused a crash, and it's a driver that's part of Avast.

Reaction score
I have the most recent nvidia driver. But I think the problem may be I forgot to do a clean install. So I will reinstall the nvidia drivers and keep you all posted.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Nevermind NVIDIA released a new driver today! So i'll be getting that instead.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Even so, Avast showed up many many times, NVidia just once so you should also try uninstalling AVAST and use their removal tool too, to get it cleaned out well.

Reaction score
Yep, Thank You TrainableMan. 1 day so far no bsods :]

Avast was removed with the removal tool of course.

Ask a Question