Program installation issues ...

Reaction score
Greetings,
I wonder if anyone can throw some light on a particularly troublesome issue that I've having with a software install ???

A while back I downloaded and installed the trial version of CorelDraw from their website but decided to uninstall after a couple of weeks.

Recently tried to reinstall after downloading again but got the following errors after a failed install ...

Contacted Corel and they advised ...

"Thank you for e-mailing.
The message from your first file means you are trying to install the update for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5. (The file I was using was a direct download from their web site 'free download' section, so I don't see how it could be an update ?!?!?)

You can download the trial version of this program directly from the following link:

For the second file which you posted (error2.gif), it means your system still has registry information of the recent installation attempt. To resolve this issue, please use the Windows Cleanup Utility to completely remove the program. You may download this tool from the following link in Microsoft website.

You can access this utility in "Start menu >> Programs" after its installation.
Once your CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 is removed, restart your computer and reinstall the product.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Regards,
Nelson
Corel Customer Support Services" ...

However, there are 2 issues with this ... 1) MSICleanup.exe was subject to a MS withdrawal due to the fact that it was causing more problems than it solved ... AND when u try to install it in a 64-bit Windows 7 op sys like I am running, it appears to simply 'run' without installing and gives ...

WITHOUT any progs in the 'drop down' to choose from ! ...

2) Even after carefully following ALL the instructions, and doing a manual scan of the registry, I cannot locate any Corel 'left-overs' that I can see :-( ... yet when I try to run the install again it still fails.

Does anyone know if there is a Windows 7 utility to cleanup the MSI left-over installer files, and indeed, any insight as to what actually is going on here ??? (Friend tried to install from the same file on his Windows 7 machine and it worked OK ... but he hadn't previously installed and uninstalled like me)

Many thanks

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I would try CCleaner.

First clean the normal temp files and such, then run their registry cleaner and back-up your registry when prompted.

Worth a try!

Darn that cat!

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot can happen in the minute it takes for someone to write a reply :D

I beat you to the race, Yodap ;)

Darn that cat!
Nobody can beat the swiftness of a cat...

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Go do your homework!
Aha! I don't have any! :reddy:

Mehehe - I have way too much time on my hands... and just realised how much helping people here was fun :)

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input ... but I have already tried that without any positive resolution. :-(
Did you do this with CCleaner?

If so, I think the safest thing to do is to do a system restore to before / during the first install of CoralDraw.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have never tried this but it comes highly rated from cnet and there is a 30-day free trial ...
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

If this solves your problem please let us/me know as it may be something to keep in the arsenal of tips/tricks for future reference. If the trial won't actually perform the operation let us know that too, as I hate trials that aren't real trials, they are just a tease to force purchase.

Another program rated just a little below revo is IObits freeware ...
http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html

Since the problem here is likely registry entries, I recommend backing up your registry before you let either program run. Run regedit, select Computer, Choose File - Export

Last edited:

Ask a Question