SOLVED XP Mode Program installation problems

Reaction score
I have attempted to install two different programs in XP mode and both installation programs complained stating that they could not install using remote desktop. Anyone have suggestions on how to work around this.

Reaction score
Can you copy/paste the Actual Error Text? Also what two programs are you seeing this error with?

Reaction score
Sounds weird. If installing from within the XP Mode remote desktop environment, these programs shouldn't really be aware they're being installed inside remote desktop (only when they're run outside of it).

Which programs are they?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I to would be interested to know what these applications are SteveWatters ?, are they downloaded within XP Mode or run from CD / DVD within XP Mode ?

Reaction score
The two programs I tried installing were Cisco VPN and Echelon's Lonmaker Turbo Edition. The error message I got was as follows:

" The windows Installer does not permit installation from a Remote Desktop Connection."

Unfortunately the copy/paste of the error message would not work with this forum but I have attached the errormsg screen capture.

I initiated the installation from within XP mode using the XP windows exporer to navigate to a thumb drive and launching the install from there.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I have installed apps from Flash Drive via My Computer ... but if you zip up the apps and upload them to say (you sendit - free hosting) you could then download to within XP and install them.

Reaction score
I don't understand what you are suggesting. Are you suggesting that installing the program from a Web site would somehow be different than installing from an external drive?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
No I ment installing from within XP moved / downloaded etc to desktop / my docs etc.

Reaction score
Your suggestion of copying the installation program to the virtual PC users mydocs did resolve the problem!

Thanks a bunch.

Ask a Question