SOLVED Program Icons not appearing properly?.

Reaction score
I have just finished a reinstall of my Win7 64bit Home Premium and after installing all my programs I noticed that three of the desktop shortcuts I created namely Revo Uninstaller, Spyware Blaster and Auslogics Disc Defrag do not appear with the usual graphical icon but have the nondescript square with a folded over corner outside an inner square with 6 colored dots. It is the same as the icon you get when you have uninstalled a program but forgot to delete a shortcut. The shortcuts in question all work as intended and I even uninstalled / reinstalled Spyware blaster thinking that would cure it but too no avail. I googled it but found no solution and wonder if anyone here knows how to resolve this. I tried to take a screenshot bit it won't show the icons?.

Reaction score
I'm not sure what has caused this to happen. There is an easy fix though.

Right click on the desktop icon and select properties.
From properties you will have the option to change icons.
Change the icon by navigating to the folder that the program was installed to and select the programs executable (the exe file). Please note the exe does not always contain icons but in most cases it does.

Ask a Question