Printers randomly disappear

Reaction score
I have recently set up a new users computer with Windows 7, all was working fine until about a month ago when their printers would randomly disappear out of the Devices and Printers page. I have done a lot of research and trial and error but have not been successful on anything. She is using a combination of networked printers and one locally usb connected printer.
I have about 6 other users who have no problems with the networked printers causing their Windows 7 machines remove the printers. So my thoughts are it has to be with the HP Officejet Pro L7680 that is locally connected. I have installed the HP hotfix that clearly states its supposed to fix this problem. Well it didn't. I've gone through and disabled the CUE Device Discovery Service and it still happens. I've reinstalled every driver many times. Restarted Print Spooler when the problem shows up and the printers dont come back. Only way to make them reappear is to do a restart of the system. This gets old quick!
I've seriously spent weeks on this problem with researching and everything and would really appreciate ANY insight as to what might be causing this problem.

Reaction score
Does this have something to do with Crashes and Debugging ?

Create a new administrator account and see if it helps.

Reaction score
Didn't know what other section to put it under so I just went with the debugging one. I'll move if you think it should go under a different one.

Ask a Question