Possible to update IE from 9 to 11 even now?

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I had to do a clean install of WIN7 Pro after a HD crash and HD replacement. However, several problems turned up. The most serious of them is the fact that the IE9 that comes with the original installation is bundled with some important parts of the system got stuck and I cannot update it to IE11. This causes a bunch of problems. I know the support from Microsoft has ended for WIN7, but is there any possibility that I can update the IE 9 to IE11 so that I can start tofully use my WIN7, or do I have to throw my WIN7 out of the window?

Second - the bottom part of the screen moved downward, so that I can only see the most upper part of the bottom tool line (where the strat icon etc lies. Can it be corrected somehow or is it a graphic card problem maybe?

Third, on some sites I have to accept cookies repeatedly all the time whenever I open them again (in Chrome browser). A browser problem?

Reaction score
set screen to high res then everthing will fit the screen
Microsoft supports microsoft Edge for win7

Reaction score
John, thank you for your suggestion. However, setting screen to the highest resolution does not help, I suspect a glitch in the graphic card. I could alleviate the problem somewhat by moving the task bar upp, at the cost of losing a part of the bottom of the screen.
Microsoft Edge can be installed on WIN7, but unfortunately it does not solve the problem of IE9 being bundled with a number of WIN7 functions, which with the obsolete IE9 either do not work properly or do not work at all. It seems that I have no other option than throwing my WIN7 (with the original installation CDs) out of the window.

Reaction score
thats a shame as i still use win7 ultimate.on one of my pc's I on the other hand use firefox and chrome web browsers. i have never used microsoft browsers. of course i loaded it to keep the o.s. happy.

you may find a solution to install another graphic card purchase from ebay don't toss the machine out.

Ask a Question