Partition Wizard Home

Reaction score
Partition Wizard Home
Partition Wizard Home Edition is a free partition manager software designed by MT Solution Ltd. Our partition manager supports 32/64 bit Windows Operating System including Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. Home users can perform complicated partition operations by using this powerful yet free partition manager to manage their hard disk. Functions include: Resizing partitions, Copying partitions, Create partition, Delete partition, Format partition, Convert partition, Explore partition, Hide partition, Change drive letter, Set active partition, Partition Recovery.
Partition Wizard Home Edition is designated for home user only, to use Partition Wizard in a business environment, Partition Wizard Professional Edition is required.

Main Features:
  • Support Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows7 (32 bit & 64 bit) operating system.
  • Support RAID.
  • Extend system partition to maximize computer performance.
  • Manage the hard disk for substantial performance increase.
  • Create, Delete and Format partitions with simple steps.
  • Disk Copy to protect or transfer data.
  • Support disk and partition size larger than 2 TB.
  • Convert partition format from FAT to NTFS.
  • Partition Copy: Copy the entire content of one hard disk to another.
  • Copy Disk Wizard: Copy the entire hard disk to another without having to reinstall Windows.
  • Disk Map - Visually demonstrate your disk/partition configuration; preview the changes before applying.
  • Hide/unhide partition, set active partition, etc. - Change partition properties easily.
  • Explore FAT/NTFS partition.
  • Set partition as primary.
  • Set partition as logical.
  • Rebuild MBR.
  • Disk Surface Test.
  • Partition Surface Test.
  • Change Partition Serial Number.
  • Change Partition Type ID.
  • Hot Extend Partition without reboot. NEW!
Partition Wizard Home

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
This has to be among the best and easiest partitioning tool on the market, free or paid. I just got through redoing my computer, including adding a new printer. But I wanted my two main partitions to be equal.

Partition Wizard done it's job with great ease, even a child could do it. Really.

My old GParted disc just hit the trash can!:)

A big thanks to C_C for this one.:beer:

Cat

Reaction score
Nibs I believe you are the one I originally heard on the topic of Partition Wizard.

Thanks for spreading the news. :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I remember you and Veedaz discussing it, and I downloaded the iso file. But I forgot to burn the disc, and when I clean installed the computer, it was gone forever. I can't even count on both hands how many times that I needed this tool.

Oh well, better late than never.

Cat

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Partition Wizard done it's job with great ease, even a child could do it. Really.
I thought I would put this to the test so I let the neighbours 6yr old grandson test it out.

I now have twenty 8Gb partitions on my 320Gb HDD!!

Seriously though, best partition tool I've used.

Reaction score
Hi all and greetings (my first post! after abortively trying several times to register on IE last week - and being told I hadn't filled in the Image Verification string correctly - but fact was that on IE there wasn't one showing! As soon as I switched to Chrome, all was revealed, and here I am :) )

Anyway, are you all saying that Partition Wizard is better than the Windows built in Disk Management feature?

Coz I've used the Windows one a lot BUT I now have a freezing Windows 7 (which has caused me to try and re-install Windows 7 from my recovery disks) and I'm having problems. I use Acronis True Image Home for back-ups etc, and thought I'd make a clone (boot) copy on my ext. 1TB USB HDD. Ohhh damn, it's so complicated, it'll take me hours to explain. Maybe I'll start a new thread, and try and compose a post which makes sense!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Luc, For basic partitioning and formatting the standard Windows boot manager is fine but if you need to join non adjacent partitions, etc then you need something else.

If you wish to have an external drive hold an image using Acronis then your partition should be at least as big as the drive you are imaging.

As for this site not showing you the verification image, that means something is blocking it at your end, such as script blockers or the host site is blocked, etc.; next time try using the option "internet explorer (no addons)".

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Hi all and greetings (my first post! after abortively trying several times to register on IE last week - and being told I hadn't filled in the Image Verification string correctly - but fact was that on IE there wasn't one showing! As soon as I switched to Chrome, all was revealed, and here I am :) )

Anyway, are you all saying that Partition Wizard is better than the Windows built in Disk Management feature?

Coz I've used the Windows one a lot BUT I now have a freezing Windows 7 (which has caused me to try and re-install Windows 7 from my recovery disks) and I'm having problems. I use Acronis True Image Home for back-ups etc, and thought I'd make a clone (boot) copy on my ext. 1TB USB HDD. Ohhh damn, it's so complicated, it'll take me hours to explain. Maybe I'll start a new thread, and try and compose a post which makes sense!
Yes, Partition Wizard is far superior over the built in Windows Disc Management tool. There's so much that you can do with it, far more than partitioning. You can even create a bootable disc of it, making it even more portable.

Cat

Reaction score
Yes, Partition Wizard is far superior over the built in Windows Disc Management tool. There's so much that you can do with it, far more than partitioning. You can even create a bootable disc of it, making it even more portable.

Cat
Thanks for that Cat. My problem (I'm not sure if you'd prefer me to start a new thread with this or not?) is that using the Windows Disk Management tool, when I re-installed Windows 7 (using the Recovery disks I'd made), the files must have been strewn out for miles - because I didn''t partition my new 1TB WD internal HDD before I started, I couldn't - and when I came to partition it (Shrink Volume, first) it said something like: Minimum Shrink size 490,000 MBs!

So then I tried to clone that into a small-ish partition I'd made on a brand new Seagate 1TB external USB HDD, hoping to make *that* bootable, so that I could then re-format and partition my internal drive properly. BUT the cloning spread the files over about 3 different partitions (on the Ext HDD) and wouldn't boot from it anyway.

I mean it was only 3 DVDs, which couldn't have been more than about 14.25 Gigs, maximum. And having a tidy mind, I wanted to squeeze it into as small a volume as possible.

I hope I've made it clear. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Reaction score

Cat
Thanks Cat (and Trainable too). I have now used it and agree that it is brilliant. It solved my partitioning problems that the Windows tool wouldn't even look at. :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks for that Cat. My problem (I'm not sure if you'd prefer me to start a new thread with this or not?) is that using the Windows Disk Management tool, when I re-installed Windows 7 (using the Recovery disks I'd made), the files must have been strewn out for miles - because I didn''t partition my new 1TB WD internal HDD before I started, I couldn't - and when I came to partition it (Shrink Volume, first) it said something like: Minimum Shrink size 490,000 MBs!

So then I tried to clone that into a small-ish partition I'd made on a brand new Seagate 1TB external USB HDD, hoping to make *that* bootable, so that I could then re-format and partition my internal drive properly. BUT the cloning spread the files over about 3 different partitions (on the Ext HDD) and wouldn't boot from it anyway.

I mean it was only 3 DVDs, which couldn't have been more than about 14.25 Gigs, maximum. And having a tidy mind, I wanted to squeeze it into as small a volume as possible.

I hope I've made it clear. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
You're right in regard to the self made recovery discs, at least with HP, you're not given a choice of how much of the drive you want to use. The 100MB system partition is created, then the main (or "C") partition, followed by the recovery partition.

If afterwards you want to make space, you have to shrink your "C" partition in order to do so. It's best to use a quality defrag tool prior to doing this, as you'll free up more space to work with. If you can't afford one, or simply don't want to pay, Puran Defrag has one of the best, and free for home users. It does the things that the paid ones does, such as boot time defrag (for system & page file) and has a speed optimizer.

Puran Defrag can be found at:

http://download.cnet.com/Puran-Defrag/3000-2094_4-10723242.html

It says it's a 30 day trial, but on the home site, says free for home users. Even if you only get 30 days out of it, it's worth it, as it frees up space, during it's last pass it fills the gaps. It has almost a five star rating by CNET.

Hope it helps.

Best of Luck,
Cat

Ask a Question