Partition software

Reaction score
hey guys, i was just wondering what everyone thinks is the best partition software to partition a external hard drive. also, what is the best, user friendly encryption software to use on an external hard drive. thanks.

Reaction score
hey well for me i think the best partitioning software around at the moment has to be Acronis Disk Director.

And the best user-friendly encryption has to be bit-locker which is supplied with windows 7. its easy to use, free, just dont loose your passcode.

Reaction score
Acronis Disk Director is easily the best partition management tool on the market, but it is not freeware. In a pinch, I'm very fond of GParted.

Reaction score
I use Easeus Partition Manager on Vista ( I have it installed on 7 but haven't used it yet). Very easy to use, Simply click on the drive you want to partition and move the slider bar to suit the size you want & apply the changes.

http://www.partition-tool.com/

Sorry i don't use encryption so i cant help on that one.

Reaction score
thanks for the answers. however, just to make sure, can all of these be used on external hard drives? sorry to sound ignorant, but i rarely have ever used partition software, and when i did, it was partition magic. thanks again for the help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Another vote for Acronis Disk Director here, but it's not freeware. I hear a lot about Easeus Home Edition (free), but I can't vouch for it myself.

Reaction score
well there is a free way to get acronis disk director, but you would have to go down the torrent motorway. and i dont recommmend it. ive had bad experiences, trust me..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
well there is a free way to get acronis disk director, but you would have to go down the torrent motorway. and i dont recommmend it. ive had bad experiences, trust me..
That would definitely not be recommended! No talk of piracy on here please :)

The windows disk management tool is quite adequate for most tasks - I use that if I just need to make a quick change.

Reaction score
Being an external drive, it should be easy enough to use Disk Managment Tools.
The problems with the Windows tools are usually associated with trying to make space on a partition with Windows on it.
If the drive does not contain any data, it'll be even easier.

Ask a Question