Paranoid about this BSOD. Help!

Reaction score
It appears that I feel that my computer has been compromised despite disabling in-going connection. The BSOD is bad pool caller. When I restarted the computer forcibly, it gets back exactly to the screen I was before as it never happened while being able to resume back to normal. I did change the graphic card setting just recently. I also changed the firewall setting to very strict setting to avoid potential issues. There is no minidump file after this. Also sfc /scannow just close down unexpected. I feel as I have been compromised despite all of my settings are all set to restricted. As for malwares, already scanned with Malwarebytes and CIS and TDDSKiller. None found.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Boot off Defender.
Microsoft Defender Offline Beta: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...fender-offline

Viruses & Malware can remain and hide from scanning software. You need to boot of other media, like USB or CD/DVD. But still if it is a virus / malware there is no way to be 100%. The only way to be 100% is to reinstall.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Well, I changed my graphic setting and firewall setting without having to compromise functionality or security and still keep it functional. Low CPU and 1.45 GB Ram usage, it's all good. None of the crash has occurred after it goes to sleep.

Last edited:

Ask a Question