Paint Shop Pro 8 printer issue

Reaction score
Running PSP8 on XP Pro SP3, when you go to print something you can choose which printer you want to print to. Now when using it on Win7 x64, you can only print to your default printer. The drop down box with the list is no longer shown in print dialog box.

I've tried running it in XP SP3 compatibility mode and XP mode with no luck using either.

From what I've found in other forums, it seems like this issue was never resolved and happens in version 8, 9, and 10. Just hoping someone may have figured out how to get it to work.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
As far as I know that is how it is designed to work. I have PSPX. If you want to print to a different printer you go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers and change the default printer, then PSP uses that new printer. You don't even have to close PSP to change the default printer however if you are at the "Print" popup screen then you will have to back out and select print again to see the new target printer.

Reaction score
That's what I found to be the only solution also. It just seems to be a pain when you have 2 printers you want to print the same thing to. (Regular 8.5x11 and wide format prints)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Another option ... if you save the file, then in Windows Explorer if you right-click on the file and choose print, there you have the ability to pick a printer etc from W7's interface rather than the limitations within the PSP software.

Ask a Question