Outlook 2003 in Win 7

Reaction score
Hello,

I can't seem to get outlook 2003 working in windows 7. Is there a fix, update, ect. I didn't see any when I searched. Please let me know how I should set this up because I want to use outlook 2003 and not 2007. For me 2007 becomes to cluttered. Thanks in advance!

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I have run Office 2k3 on 7 just fine in the past, although Office 2010 is a considerable improvement over past versions and I highly recommend upgrading if you can.

Can you tell us more specifically what sort of error messages you get when you try to install Office? Also make sure you have updated your system fully with Windows Update.

Reaction score
I have run Office 2k3 on 7 just fine in the past, although Office 2010 is a considerable improvement over past versions and I highly recommend upgrading if you can.

Can you tell us more specifically what sort of error messages you get when you try to install Office? Also make sure you have updated your system fully with Windows Update.

' It says the imap server has closed connection. This may occur is left idle to long.'

I haven't been able to send/receive any emails as of yet.

I followed the setup instructions from Microsoft website I searched from google. Maybe they were for another windows version.

Yeah, the system is fully updated to my knowledge at this point. I've left it on automatic updates. Unless there's another stand-a-lone way to make sure I have all the updates. Not sure.

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Are you trying to connect to a Gmail account?

Reaction score
Yes. It's gmail account. I have the setting for enable all incoming pop emails but I suppose I'm using imap anyway.

Btw, doesn't office 2010 become, well, less user friendly. More options, but I'm looking for an easy to use, easy to access email, email program.

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Yeah. Outlook performs extremely poorly with Gmail accounts over IMAP. I suggest you switch to a POP3 connection.

I, too, use Gmail as my email provider, and I had to quit using Outlook (which I loved) and move to Thunderbird, because I wanted to use Gmail over IMAP. Thunderbird works flawlessly with Gmail IMAP, but obviously lacks some of Outlook's functionality.

Reaction score
Ok. I tried pop and although it shows almost all the connections when "testing connection" when I receive/send it has some error with the server. Well, just now it looks like it's now downloading the emails. However, IS there an update I can use to help me out? Speed, spell check, spam filter, ect. Thanks.

Reaction score
Is says I need an "agent 2.0 or greater" when I try the optons. Do you know what that's about?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Make sure you have installed all service packs for Office.

Ask a Question