Oh yeah cool, really great! (SARCASM)

Reaction score
My Windows 7 PC is used in a remote location that does not have internet access and for the work I do this is not a problem, matter of fact I like to keep my system as clean as possible and not connecting to the internet suits me fine.
About a week ago I received a small pop up bubble down near where the time and date is on the bottom right, it said something along the lines of "This copy of Windows 7 is not legitimate, please connect to the internet." It also listed some of the benefits of owning legitimate software. Sorry to not be more specific but this bubble only pops up for a short time.
Fast forward to two days ago and I received a similar message, only this time it said "This copy of windows 7 is not legitimate, you will lose access to Windows in three days."
I have lugged my PC across town to this location where I can connect to the internet tonight and tomorrow, and further if necessary.
Please, how can I resolve this issue - I don't know how to bring up this error message again to correct it..
Also, if there is anything I can do to stop this from happening again that would be great. This PC is for working offline and is used daily, and I don't like lugging it across town to remind it of its legitimacy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I assume you did have internet access and activated it on initial installation?

Reaction score
Yes I did and I was connected to the internet for a long time after that. It has been offline now for about 3 or 4 months.

Reaction score
OK a quick google and I took a few steps and it seems ok for now.

Any tips so this won't happen again? It's actually quite a hassle to get this tower to an internet connection.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
OK a quick google and I took a few steps and it seems ok for now.
What were the steps you took? There are others here who may benefit from the procedure you did.

Reaction score
Yes Nibiru, where was my forum spirit. I will make a new thread with a more appropriate title.
If anyone knows how I could stop this from happening again I would really appreciate it :)

Ask a Question