SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
After reading your reply, it made me go back and recheck the three dvds I had left. I guess I check only one on another laptop and it was bad. I was brain dead at that time anyway. I think I have two that are good. Don't know which program burnt what at this point. And I think my HP Pavilion Dv7-3080us might be on drugs. It running a temp of 150F. Need to take it down to the motherboard and clean the heat sinks and use some real thermal paste.

Good thing two of the dvds are working as I could not get a good download useing my Sprint Galaxy S3. Seems to be downloading to the phone and not on my 64gb card. Another day I guess.
Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Thankyou for this information

I am putting a new hard drive in my Dell PC that has a broken hard drive

I will make a DVD from the above download link and I hope to register it with the valid serial number on a sticker on the computer

I hope to post again if I can reinstall Windows on the new hard drive

:ciao:

Reaction score
Thank you for links and info.

My uncle has genuine Win 7, 64 Bit, Ultimate edition box pack with with 32 and 64 bit editions. I have dual booted for him, win 7 using boot camp in iMac. Yesterday, I had to reinstall win 7.

I searched some pages on this thread but could not find if the links given in OP contain latest spins (refreshes) with post SP1 update packs, as they look a bit older.

After reinstalling, which did not contain SP1, updates were as big as 550 mb to 887 mb, worst, installing them took whole day as applying updates failed one time.

Also can I download a copy of Media refresh instead of normal Win 7 SP1. Will mt key work.

Everywhere on net only one file is pointed - X17-59465.iso and all post I saw were quite old. I am aware that it is legal and free to download iso-s.

btw I have some 5-6 Linux flavours too at home. Do not mistaken me to be a geek. I am a non-technical end user with no coding knowledge :)

EDIT: Can I directly install SP1 after fresh installation

Kind Regards

Sunewbie

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thankyou for this information

I am putting a new hard drive in my Dell PC that has a broken hard drive

I will make a DVD from the above download link and I hope to register it with the valid serial number on a sticker on the computer

I hope to post again if I can reinstall Windows on the new hard drive

:ciao:
This did work
I had to make sure downloaded iso was not read only to burn it to dvd on mac

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I searched some pages on this thread but could not find if the links given in OP contain latest spins (refreshes) with post SP1 update packs, as they look a bit older.
These ISOs are from just after SP1 was released. So the installation from these would include SP1 but you would still have a couple years of Windows Updates.
Also can I download a copy of Media refresh instead of normal Win 7 SP1. Will m[y] key work.
The media refresh edition includes only one additional Windows Update versus this SP1 edition. And that one update was simply because a very very small percentage (less than 1%) will get an error when you try to install this SP1 edition. So yes your key will work if you download the matching version (Home Prem , Pro, or Ultimate) of SP1 or Media refresh.
Everywhere on net only one file is pointed - X17-59465.iso and all post I saw were quite old.
The only way to get something more recent is to build your own like corporations do so that they can deploy it to many computers; it is not really practical for a single installation, simply install this or media refresh and then run the windows updates.

EDIT: Can I directly install SP1 after fresh installation
Yes you can install SP1 if you already installed W7 BUT the links here are not for SP1, they are "W7 including SP1". To install SP1 after W7 is already installed simply select it from the Windows Updates. or download just Microsoft SP1 for your specific computer architecture.

Reaction score
T
The only way to get something more recent is to build your own like corporations do so that they can deploy it to many computers; it is not really practical for a single installation, simply install this or media refresh and then run the windows updates.
Thank you TrainableMan :)

Things get more complicated as I have dual boot Mac and Win 7. Maybe I can clone or create custom disk, but that would be difficult for me. I will look into alternative and in case of any query, I will post it in suitable forum section

I was concerned if I need some updates before I can install SP1 and that installing SP1 manually without updating Win 7 via auto update would not end up breaking system.

Currently system is up and running.

Thanks again for the help.

sunewbie

Reaction score
Are those downloads available for use in the UK, as I've tried both English versions of Win7 Home Premium and it stops downloading at 20%

Reaction score
Are those downloads available for use in the UK, as I've tried both English versions of Win7 Home Premium and it stops downloading at 20%
I downloaded it in the UK. It is a big download...

I had to activate again on the phone

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Robh, you might try a "download manager" ... that way if it dies you don't have to start over from the beginning you simply tell the download manager to resume.

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to figure out what the difference is between the downloads listed in the OP and the downloads listed here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...c99-42db-80c8-6300f01f7aae/windows-7downloard

The iso file names are different but claim to be the same file/OS so I am confused, please help.

Such differences are shown in plain text below:

Windows 7 Home Premium 32Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58996.iso
VS
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24208.iso 2147483647 X17-24208.iso Windows 7 Home Premium x86 English

What's the differences?? Thanks in advance.:confused:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
ROtten, about 1 in 10000 computers get an error installing using the original links so they applied a single windows update patch and put out what they call the Media Refresh edition. You can probably use either one; there is a minute chance you will get an error if you use the original rather than the media refresh version.

Reaction score
Where are the Media Refresh versions?

Where are the Media Refresh versions?

Reaction score
Hi,

Where I can find Windows 7 Pro with X16-93649?

Thank you!

Cheers,

nymphjen

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
nymphjen, we have posted all the links we have.

I believe the item you are referring to is symply a system builder version of W7 Professional. Your valid OEM key should work fine with the W7 SP1 Professional versions we have listed here. Your product key will simply make the licensing OEM which means you support it yourself and you can not transfer it if you get a new computer or motherboard.

Kba

Reaction score
Hi, after I have burned the DVD with imgburn, how do I know if it will run for setup on the new install I'm about to do?

I replaced in my CD tray of my PC, and a windows dialog came up giving me three options, the first was run setup.exe Would this automatically run i.e. boot from this DVD?

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If the DVD was burned properly it is Bootable. If there is only a single file on the DVD with an ISO extension then it was not burned properly and is not bootable, if there are many files folders subfolders it is correct.

You need to shut down your computer and then start it up with the burned install DVD in the drive. And the boot order of your computer (controlled in your BIOS or some computers have a boot menu) must be set so that the DVD drive is first.

Reaction score
Windows 7 download is not windows 7. Whenever I download it, it downloads NTI media maker. What is going on?

Ask a Question