SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We can only post what we know about. If you have links to a Japanese version at Digital River (Microsoft's official digital distributor) then we would be happy to add them.

Reaction score
my windof 7 home premium is gon

pleace halp mee....i use notbook toshiba l745 2450M whit window7 home premium in side notbook ...now that window is gone ,.......:dontknow:.what mst i do plac hlp me

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
eb, you need to give more details.

Did your hard drive go bad?

Did you get a virus?

Try to explain why your W7 Home Premium is gone.

Do you have your W7 product key? If so you could use the ISO on the first page of this thread to reinstall to a new hard drive.

Reaction score
ISO and OA Laptops

Can this ISO be used on an OA Laptop with an official licence Key?

I'm busy downloading Windows 7 Pro ISO with Free Download Manager, A reviewer with the name "lan" marked it as malicious, so are these downloads malicious?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The links at the top of this thread are from Digital River which is Microsoft's official digital content distributor and are not malicious. Free Download Manager might be malicious, where did you get it?

Reaction score
Yay!

The file I downloaded was X17-59186.iso, I got the link from a different website. this did not work, it just gave me this error "Windows failed to load because the NLS data is missing, or corrupt". So now I try your link. holding thumbs!

My Free Download Manager is legit, downloaded it from the official website. Under the Opinions tab a Reviewer marked your link as malicious! This could be a mistake though. The name of the Reviewer is "lan" (probably username)

Thank you for your reply!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The Ian on W7Forums is actually the owner of the website but I think there is some misunderstanding because these are perfectly valid links.

In the USA instead of "holding thumbs!" we would say "fingers crossed". But you should have no problem if you use a DVD Burner that understands ISO and you use a slow burn like 3X.

Reaction score
Windows 7 Activation

How can I back up my windows 7 activation codes, so that I don't need to re-activate my windows 7 home premium edition, as I was to do a clean install.

Reaction score
Found it on this site, and downloaded and used it, the program works a treat to backup, haven't tested it on restoring yet.

Reaction score
Drivers are not in the ISOs?

Hi I downloaded:
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24208.iso 2147483647 X17-24208.iso Windows 7 Home Premium x86 English

I them removed the ie.cfg file to make it universal as per:
https://www.w7forums.com/get-four-versions-windows-7-x64-one-dvd-t2911.html

Then I used Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool to put it on a USB.

I booted from USB to do a clean install but then it said there are no drivers and I was not able to the install due to this.

Can someone please tell me what ISO to download to get the drivers?

Update 1:
I tried copying the drivers folder from my Home Premium located in C:/Windows/System32 but it only picked up one driver and it was an incompatible driver.

Update 2:
I tired this method thinking this was the issue but same thing happens after this is done on all 3 ports.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...sing-usb/61eda679-66cc-4512-b175-d02871394461

Update 3:
I even tried the wintoflash method as suiggested on this page.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...b/61eda679-66cc-4512-b175-d02871394461?page=3

The laptop has only got 2 usb ports I have tried running from usb from both.

Update 4:
I thought it might need usb3.0 drivers so i downloaded them from the intel website but still the same issue.

Help much appreciated please.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
W7 has many drivers built-in but it is strictly a courtesy since drivers are for hardware and Microsoft didn't make most of your hardware. Also W7 came out several years ago and there has been a lot of newer hardware developed since then.

If this is a new build with a regular spinning hard drive then the issue might just be your RAID settings for it in your BIOS but otherwise for things like SSDs you will need to get the drivers from the hardware manufacturer and put them on another flash drive or DVD. The manufacturer may also have special instructions on how to load the drivers.

Companies like Dell and HP also offer a customized OEM version of W7 which includes the specific drivers for their machines. If you need or prefer that then you will need to contact them directly about purchasing that DVD.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well that doesn't sound good Digerati. I guess if Ian gets a notice he'll have to delete this thread.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It is what many, including me, have been saying all along. Just because DR says they are official, that does not make it so. Frankly, IMO, they should come down BEFORE the site gets into legal trouble - not after legal action is started.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No need to worry. DMCA take down requests are extremely common; essentially they are a "remove this or we will start legal action" demand. I have no doubt Ian would immediately comply with such a notice so no legal action would be taken.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I am not worried - I just don't feel "it does not say I can't" is a valid reason to do something - and that is really the only justification given by those who recommend using such "unauthorized" downloads. But that's for another debate.

Reaction score
win7sp1 portuguese brazilian

please someone knows where I think the Portuguese Brazil
thanks

Reaction score
New guy here. Just to confirm, if I download my version (7pro-sp1) I will be able to run a repair on my system? Windows explorer has gone wonky and that's what I hope to fix.

thanks.

Ask a Question