SOLVED Office Word Custom.dic enabling prob

Reaction score
Hello,

Still stuck in WORD with CUSTOM.DIC copied over from old machine to new one.

HELP says settings do not take effect till enabled but cannot see how to do that.

Result is every time I test in this years diary named 2011 a new CUSTOM.DIC is created!

The copied dictionary is 'English (U.K)' and below, ticked 'CUSOTOM.DIC (Default)' (size 32k).

Tested over and over and everytime delete the unwanted new creation.

In this mess I keep getting 'Exceptions for 2011' and Tick for 'Hide spelling errore in the doc only' which I untick

Any help appreicated! Why is the tiny feature so dificult/unclear..

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So let it create a new one and then close Word, delete the new one, rename your old one to the name of the one it had created, then reopen and see if it works.

Reaction score
TrainableMan,

You have done it again, wonderfull.

It worked, and for the life of me it looks so odd i was affraid it might backfire on me.

Very graetfull i can get on.

Reminded me in my youngdays and flat broke a school friend similal ask me to tow his car back from London to the deep coutryside. The diferential had sheered and every second time we stopped i had to back up 3 feet and push him back to free it.

We got sideswiped etc. all the way from slowness but got it home, on the cost of fuel and our laobour. Terifiying though.

Ask a Question