SOLVED Which services I can disable for useing Office only?

Reaction score
Hi there!

I am very new and this is the first thread I have created here in this forum,

I am a quite old user of win 7 x64. Now need some customization.

Situation: I have an official desktop computer in my office for general office purpose. Many people use this computer.

Role of the PC: One and only use of it is to replace a typewriter having a memory! 99% use is of MS Office 2010. It also is connected to intranet (not internet).

Challenge: Getting slow quickly!

Present requirement: To speed up, I also want to disable/ delete the windows services which are not required for using this PC for using word, printing documents with a printer and using the intranet (not internet) - only mailing.

Help Required: I need to have a list of win 7 services only which are required for using ms word, printing and mailing. Or, the opposite; the list of win 7 services which are not required for using ms word, printing and mailing.

* Any additional advice will be highly appreciated too.

Can anyone help me in this case?

If I have created this thread in wrong forum, pl advice me the correct one too.

Thanks in advance.

Sanzib.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks TrainableMan. It's a very good source.

Can you please advise me about the research that you've written i should do to confirm? I mean where/ URL should i do the research on the services?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well his list shows ** for services you can safely disable but I don't know if any of those services would be desired to still do what you wish to allow, for example he says the "indexing service **" can be safely disabled, but if you disable that then searches will be slower.

So how often does someone need to search for a file on that computer? If all the important documents are in a single folder then fine, turn it off, but if not then is the savings in background processing worth a slower search. This is just an example; I did always disable that service on my old slower computer because I did know which folders had all my important files ... the My Documents library.

Reaction score
TrainableMan, thanks a lot man. It's Great from you.

Ask a Question