nVidia 8500GT FAIL

Reaction score
Hi. I have an nVidia 8500GT... Well, had one. So, whenever i play Unreal Tournament 3... my GPU temps average around 89-93 degrees Celsius. I have had to install 2 case fans directed on it to keep it cool, and still im seeing these temps.

Anyway, Today, it melted. Here is my comment I sent to EVGA: "To whoever this may concern: Please place better heatsinks on your 8500GT line, surely I cannot be the only one to have had my GPU melt and fail, even with 2 case fans directing cool air from outside the case onto my card. Surely i will enjoy my XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770"

Reaction score
Jeeeez. Thats not right. If it hadnt of melted i would have suggested cleaning the heatsink, as my ATI cards were overheating in the past and clearing out a buggerload of dust that had built up fixed them right up. As it is, enjoy your HD 5770.

Reaction score
Well, i tried that, i usually keep my comp rather clean. The heatsink on that 8500GT looks as though it could only cool an Intel i8086, maybe even a 386 or 386DX2 if somebody got lucky.

Ask a Question