nvidia this or nvidia that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to upgrade my video card and monitor. I'm pretty sold on nvidia, my current setup is a pair of gtx 680s in sli on a 1080p 24". So here's my question: the difference in prove between a single 980 and a titan x is about $440. Is the titan x's performance increase worth it? I will be able to afford it, but I'm kind of looking for opinions. Thanks!

Reaction score
This review will answer your question about Titan X easier than I can.
http://www.techspot.com/review/977-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x/

In my opinion $1000 will never be in my range of willingness to spend on a graphics solution. Therefor opinions on "is Titan X worth it" are just that opinions. Because judging by my opinion they are not. And if you read comments of others, you might draw the conclusion a Titan X is more of a compute card than a gaming card.

Reaction score
Having read the article (hat tip to clifford_cooley), it contained about what I expected. I've been asking around at linustechtips.com as well, and got the same specs from their review on YouTube/vessel. So the titan x would basically be for "I can afford this" bragging rights. If I were in the position to jump into liquid cooling, I'd go for a r9 295x2. As it stands, I'll probably go for a dual r9 290x configuration. I can definitely find an 8gb card and a 4Gb for less than a titan, and a good 2k monitor at 27-29 inches was going to cost anyway. Still, I appreciate any and all comments. I'll keep this thread open until I make my purchases in a few weeks.

Reaction score
GM200-based GeForce GTX 980 Ti reportedly coming this summer

http://www.techspot.com/community/t...-980-ti-reportedly-coming-this-summer.210777/

Nvidia is reportedly readying the GTX 980 Ti for a late summer launch, around the same time frame as AMD's next-generation graphics card launch. It will be interesting to see how the Radeon R9 390X performs against the GTX 980 Ti, as rumors suggest AMD's next flagship is a performance beast with lower power consumption than the company's previous GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question