NVIDIA 258.96 WHQL-Candidate drivers available

Reaction score
32-bit, x86 here - ForceWare 258.96 Windows 7 | Vista (32-bit) download from Guru3D.com

64-bit, x86-x64 here - ForceWare 258.96 Windows 7 | Vista (64-bit) download from Guru3D.com

Have fun.

Code:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]    This   is a WHQL-candidate release from the Release 256 family of drivers   (versions 256.xx to 259.xx). This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7,   8, 9, 100, 200, 300, and 400-series desktop GPUs as well as ION  desktop  GPUs. Learn more about Release 256 drivers here.
We have a discussion thread open on these drivers [URL="http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3637523"]right here[/URL].

New in Release 258.96

* Adds support for GeForce GTX 460.
*  Adds support for NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround technology. Learn more  about  this technology including the hardware and software requirements  here.
*  Adds additional performance increases for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs   in several PC games (these improvements are in addition to the   previously reported Release 256 improvements). The following are   examples of some of the most significant improvements measured with   GeForce GTX 480. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system   configuration:
o Up to 11% in Aliens vs. Predator (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
o Up to 7% in Crysis: Warhead (SLI – 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Gamer)
o Up to 4% in H.A.W.X (SLI – 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Very High)
o Up to 10% in Just Cause 2 (SLI – 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF - Concrete Jungle)
o Up to 6% in Metro 2033 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
o Up to 7% in Metro 2033 (SLI – 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
o Up to 10% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 12% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (SLI – 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 4% in World in Conflict (SLI – 1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
* Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0224.
* Upgrades HD Audio driver version 1.0.15.0 (for supported GPUs).
*  Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the   documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this   release. 
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Some may have a problem

The Nvidia 2.5896 drivers are fine . I have them installed on a Samsung 2233RW 3D Vision monitor with a new Nvidia 1 Gb 460 GPU. Games 3D play is great. However the BIG problem for me is that Cyberlinks Power DVD 10 ultra Mark II drivers are not compatible when playing Blu-ray playback, and I suspect there is some conflict with the Nvidia drivers. What that might be I haven't a clue.
Samsung's tech lab guys tell me Cyberlink need to isssue a further Patch to overcome the 0110 error code on Cyberlink. Cyberlink do not appear to understand that the 2233 RW monitor needs its supplied Dual link DVI-D to function in Digital vision mode and keep advising me to switch to VGA! No mention of as curative patch

If anyone has standard Blu-Ray,( as opposed to 3D Blu-Ray) running on a Samsung 22" 2233Rw 120MHz monitor with Cyberlink POWER DVD 10 Ultra Mark II I sure would like to know how. Oh, and the same problem arises on Power DVD 8 Ultra re Blu Ray on the 120MHz monitor , and all my drivers are right up to date and all the hardware is HDCP compliant.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
tigertop 10 - are you using a Dual-Link DVD-D cable to connect your monitor to the video card? There are two types of cable in DVD-D.

DVI-D Dual Link cables look like this:

Single Link cables look like this:

Note: When looking for your model monitor at Samsung's website all I see is a 2233R
Z, not an RW unit. I see it does use the Dual Link connection. So pardon my redundancy here.

Reaction score
Apologies. Should have typed Samsung 2233RZ My mistake. I am using the Dual link cable as supplied with the monitor. It is of course necessary for 3D vision use with each channel running at 60Mhz. In fact a single link cable does not run and even if it did I would not expect to have to change cables every time I switch from Blu-ray to 3D or even Blu-ray 3D. So far on a global search I have not found anyone with my set up 's drivers. I have already sent them a dx log so they should understand that the machine is OK. However Cyberlink are giving me standard extracts from their tech response desk which bear no relation to the facts I have given them but it appears this is not uncommon! Samsung pursued the problem right back to their labs and I quote them, " we cannot assist you further-the problem lies with Cybertech who need to issue a patch to fix this"

I guess I will have to wait until Cyberlink realise they have a problem. Stiil I can play 10 Ultra on my core i7 PC so all is not lost. Appreciate your quick response

Reaction score
Thanks, might try that and possibly 'any dvd' software as well However having shelled out for Power DVD 10 ultra I want to get my money's worth on it if I can . Have sent off another firework in Cyberlink's direction asking them to escalate the problem up the line

I can now tell you that I have had the same no Blu-Ray result with an error code 0110 on another mobo set up using an Nvidia GT 250 and a Samsung screen when I had the pre Mark II 10 ultra software. I got in touch with Cyberlink then and again they had no answer. Signing off for tonight--but much appreciate your help.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Maybe I didn't see you post this, but do you have the latest version?

Any patches and updates done?

Reaction score
A possible partial answer.

Tucked away on page 11 of the Samsung Monitor guide, but not found in the Quick set up guide as far as I can see is the statement that The Samsung 2233RZ 3D capable monitor (with a factory default set to run at 120 MHZ for 3D.) Is ONLY compliant with HDCP at 60 Mhz! I set the monitor at 60 Mhz and it plays Cyberlink Power DVD 10 Ultra Mark II in 3D.

However as someone said on another forum in another website "How will Cyberlink play Blu-Ray 3d unless it is on a monitor set at 120 Mhz-giving 60 Mhz per channel for the purposes of the Nvidia 3D Vision Emitter?"

I have gone back to Samsung to find out if they have a remedy and I will go back to Nvidia to ask them do they realise this as they have already said their software is fully compliant with Samsung monitors

I don't know where the responsibility lies here but clearly we have products that have not been matched up with sufficient developement testing

If anyone has been able to overcome this set up perhaps they would share the secret. Meanwhile the problem is only partly solved . ( Thanks Nibiru 2012 for your contributions)

Ask a Question