notebook crashes steadily

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You should be documenting all these crashes for when you file your Square-trade claim.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I don't care about that, all they do is take your phone call, ask a few questions, and usually based on your answers (if you know what you're talking about), they normally let you know on the phone that you'll probably receive a refund, once it reaches their diagnostic center. They email you a shipping label, so everything is painless. In about a week, you have your money, if it costs more to fix it than what you paid for it. I've had plenty of experience dealing with them, they are a true first class warranty company.

For example, HP was going to sell me a 3 year warranty for this desktop for $299. SquareTrade sold me one for $66 for 3 years, only with them, they don't force a refurb off on you, they send you the money, if your item costs more to fix than it's worth. I have 4 active warranties in the house now. They do what they say they'll do. So I don't have to generate a report, I can just keep running it like it is, and by the time it reaches SquareTrade, it won't be worth crap. I'm not risking sending it in over a memory chip (although there's more wrong with it than that).

I've done all that I can, even tried out what someone told me, use the power button, and cut it on and off as many times in a minute as you can, resting 30 seconds between five rounds. He told me that it would "reset it". Hell, it done a folding job afterwards, he may be onto something.

And if I were to "document" all of this, the question may arise, why didn't I call sooner? I wasn't born yesterday. Before returning a computer, I always reinstall the OS prior to calling them.

Ask a Question