No USB power after reinstalling professional

Reaction score
So I've just reinstalled windows 7 to clean it all and no my computer has no powder for the usb. I've tried pS/2 keyboard and now I have no idea what to do. Any help would be lovely.

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you moved your PC around or installed any new hardware then one or more wires may have become disconnected.

If that is not it then it is your drivers. go to the PC/MOBO manufacturers website and start installing the latest drivers for your motherboard/PCI communications/USB stuff

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but how do I install drivers without my USB ports working?

Reaction score
Because I can't type using my keyboard or anything of that nature. I'm essentially stuck at the screen where it tells me to enter the computer name and password after you install windows 7.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So the PS2 keyboard did not work? I misunderstood what you meant there. When did you plug in the PS2 keyboard to try that? Because it must be plugged in before the computer is turned on.

Do you have a DVD player in the computer? If you can could burn a DVD from another computer with your drivers on it.

Or if you have network connectivity you can download them to the hard drive but you must be able to type.

In fact getting to Windows Update may actually offer the needed driver but again you need to be able to use a keyboard. Please try the PS2 keyboard again, making sure the computer is turned off when you attach it.

Ask a Question