NO Internet of any kind, Wifi, Ethernet, or Phone Tether!!!

Reaction score
I have been working with laptops for over 20 years and I have never seen or heard of this, I cannot get any type of internet no matter what drivers I re-install or what I try to use! I cannot repair the connection, nothing works! DV6500t HP laptop Win 7 32 bit, when i try to diagnose and repair, it says diagnostics service is not running, of course I went into services and made sure it was enabled and on automatic... There is more info on people with the same problem and nobdy is awesome enough to figure this out i guess???

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...agnostic/309baf0e-5a94-4041-9b9a-c6f237e132fd

Last edited:
Reaction score
When did this problem first start? Has there been an OS change of any kind? Next big question is: Has the laptop been dropped? If I were a betting man my money would be on an internal physical connection gone bad on the mobo. Either with the LAN connection and the wireless connection.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Is your WiFi indicator light glowing on the notebook? What color is it? If it's amber, then your WiFi card is turned off, if green then the issue is somewhere else.

I can't count the times I have worked on a client's notebook with issues such as yours and what had happened was the tiny slide switch or tiny button for the WiFi had been turned off (by accident, of course). It was a quick $25 each time though!

Reaction score
Is your WiFi indicator light glowing on the notebook? What color is it? If it's amber, then your WiFi card is turned off, if green then the issue is somewhere else.

I can't count the times I have worked on a client's notebook with issues such as yours and what had happened was the tiny slide switch or tiny button for the WiFi had been turned off (by accident, of course). It was a quick $25 each time though!
Of course, I have done all the simply and difficult things, I am usually the guy asking others if their wifi is off, but in any case, that would not hinder the Ethernet and tether capabilities :)

Reaction score
When did this problem first start? Has there been an OS change of any kind? Next big question is: Has the laptop been dropped? If I were a betting man my money would be on an internal physical connection gone bad on the mobo. Either with the LAN connection and the wireless connection.
has not been dropped, just started randomly 2 weeks ago, i did a system restore to a month ago to no avail... I decided I had to wipe windows 7 and reinstall and now it works, but i wish there was a solution for others...

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I am beginning to suspect you may have a potentially defective wireless card in the notebook. It's an easy fix though as I'm sure you know.

Why does HP always seem to have issues with their notebooks? Their repair/return rate in the first 24-30 months of ownership is around 30%, which raises the proverbial red flag to me.

Ask a Question