SOLVED No image on boot

Reaction score
Hi, I need help with my stupid computer. For starters it can't stay on for even a day (it shut downs) and I can't turn it back on. I tried buying a new power supply, a better one, a also better motherboard... didn't work. If someone can help me with that, great, but I can live (barely) with that. My main problem is that the stupid machine now won't even show any image on the monitor when I turn it on. I turn it on, I hear the noise, blablabla, no picture on the monitor. I have Windows7, someone told me it could be the graphics card, someone else told I needed to format it, which I don't want too...

Anyway, please help me.

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome to the forum.
Before we can help, it would help us to have the computer specs or if you don't know them the Manufacturer and model number.

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome to the forum.
Before we can help, it would help us to have the computer specs or if you don't know them the Manufacturer and model number.
Hi, thank you. I have Windows 7, Dual Core 1.9 (i think), ATI Radeon X1600, and the name on the motherboard box says "GIGABYTE S-series Motherboards". Its an HP desktop. Not sure if this is the model number but at the back it says "Pro # RJ770AA-AB9"

Reaction score
Hi ofap - Welcome to w7forums

If you are not sure about your system specifications. You can download CPU-Z for a details. Then if you would post a screenshot of the Mainboard tab this would be of big help.

There is also a GPU-Z which will give more detailed information about your Graphics Adapter.

Reaction score
Hi ofap - Welcome to w7forums

If you are not sure about your system specifications. You can download CPU-Z for a details. Then if you would post a screenshot of the Mainboard tab this would be of big help.

There is also a GPU-Z which will give more detailed information about your Graphics Adapter.
Hum... I need to be on my computer to do that, right? cant really do that... not sure if I exaplained right but I don't get any image on my monitor when I turn it on. Just see the normal black on the screen, also tried another monitor, same thing. someone told me it is hardware issues

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi ofap - Sorry about the previous post. I should have read the details with more care.

The best I can tell HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7660.pt Desktop PC

Motherboard
  • Manufacturer: Asus
  • Motherboard Name: P5LP-LE
  • HP/Compaq motherboard name: Leucite3-GL8E
Motherboard Specifications, P5LP-LE (Leucite)

Please note number 12 in the image is a VGA onboard graphics connector.
VGA(disabled due to the installation of a graphics card)​

Video Graphics
  • ATI Radeon x1650se
  • 512 MB DDR memory
  • I/O Ports: S-Video, DVI, VGA

This is the closest card I could find to matched the specs​

If you think the card has gone bad you can take it out of the computer. Once you take the card out of the computer, the onboard graphics should start to work. This will give you some idea as to the problem. The monitor must have a VGA connector to connect to the motherboard though.

Reaction score
As clifford said, first remove the screw holding the card in, there will be a plastic clip on the board holding the card, you may or may not have to pull it back, then pull in out being careful not the touch the onboard parts and contacts on the end. If it has a power connector remove that. The plug a regular VGA monitor(That is your normal monitor, the blue connector is what it would plug into), and plug it into the port on the motherboard. If you see the normal boot stuff, then it prolly was the gfx card, if it still doesn't work, then something else is wrong. I probably just confused you more than help since I typed this while tired. Oh, and clifford, would the manufacturer install drivers for the integrated graphics if they installed a card?

Reaction score
Oh, and clifford, would the manufacturer install drivers for the integrated graphics if they installed a card?
Probably not but the main thing right now is getting the monitor to show something then we can worry about the proper drivers needed later.

Reaction score
Hi ofap - Sorry about the previous post. I should have read the details with more care.

The best I can tell HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7660.pt Desktop PC

Motherboard Specifications, P5LP-LE (Leucite)

Please note number 12 in the image is a VGA onboard graphics connector.
VGA(disabled due to the installation of a graphics card)​

This is the closest card I could find to matched the specs​

If you think the card has gone bad you can take it out of the computer. Once you take the card out of the computer, the onboard graphics should start to work. This will give you some idea as to the problem. The monitor must have a VGA connector to connect to the motherboard though.
Okay, thanks but... Hum, I changed my motherboard, the name on the box "GIGABYTE S-series Motherboards". Will it be the same?

Reaction score
Probably not but the main thing right now is getting the monitor to show something then we can worry about the proper drivers needed later.

Hum, thanks. But I changed my motherboard. The name on the box says "GIGABYTE S-series Motherboards". Is it the same? Will the process be the same?

Reaction score
The process will be the same, if you have re-installed the graphics card on your new motherboard.

On the other hand if you havn't then thats a totally different kettle of fish!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry to reply on your behalf there clifford, just thought I would give a quick answer!

Reaction score
Ok, I will try. Sorry for the double post, I didn't noticed "Page 2" so I posted again.:eek:

Reaction score
On the graphics card slot (i think it is at least, big red thingy?) I only have two DVI Connectors with a S-Video Connector in the middle. I have a VGA connector but its higher, dunno if thats it, and thats where i connect my monitor

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, let me make sure I read this correct, You have a graphics card with two dvi connectors, and you have been using the onboard VGA connector? If that is correct, then your onboard may be diabled because of the graphics card being there. See if removing the graphics card helps anything. If I read that wrong, please tell me.

Reaction score
Well, let me make sure I read this correct, You have a graphics card with two dvi connectors, and you have been using the onboard VGA connector? If that is correct, then your onboard may be diabled because of the graphics card being there. See if removing the graphics card helps anything. If I read that wrong, please tell me.
Yes you got that right. I removed it ... well, image is back. But I'm guessing it won't work with it? What should I do.

Reaction score
It will work without the gfx card. The reason it wasn't working was prolly because the gfx card was set to not be the default, and the os install, or some other reason caused it to revert back to being default, resulting in the integrated VGA being turned off.

Ask a Question