custom boot image

Reaction score
hi i have a windows 7 that i put a custom boot image instead of the "STARTING WIMDOWS:
and it worked for a day but now it wont boot up startup repair cant fix it so iam in cmd and trying to delete the "custon" file i put there so windows can replace it with the old one but i dont know how to delete the file using cmd can anyone help please?

Reaction score
Try system restore from the windows 7 dvd,
If you used windows 7 boot updater version 0 beta 1 go to
http://www.coderforlife.com/projects/win7boot/restoring_winload/
and folow their instructions.And don't mess with windows files if you don't know what you are doing.
Thats why "windows 7 boot updater" is stuck in the beta version.It will work on some systems and make some systems display "I won't boot whatever you do"

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
At a command prompt you would get to the folder where the file is located (using the CD command) and then erase filename. However if the file is marked as a system or hidden file it may not let you; in which case use Attrib -s -h filename, then erase it. If the file is in use then it probably still won't delete.

Reaction score
Last edited:

Ask a Question