No Guide Data for Channel 4 in Media Center

Reaction score
I've just installed a new TV card and I can now receive all free to air TV channels.
I have updated the guide and the guide was populated as normal other than 'Channel 4' in the UK. It occasionally shows the odd TV programme but most of the time it shows 'No data available'. I have forced the guide to update several times but no change. I've also been through all of my other channels and there are many other channel 4's towards the end of the guide but they all have the same issue. Does anyone know of a fix or at least does anyone know why this is happening?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like others aren't able to get the EPG data for Channel 4, and it's a known issue. Some people have had sucess by doing the following:

Goto TV Settings | guide | Edit Channels | find your channel 4 and select it | Edit Listings | and not search again for Channel 4 in the list of channels, you should now find some other channel 4's in the list, you may find a channel 4 with no preset number, select one of these channel 4's, and select to copy the guide listings.
Source : http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/1/335790/ShowThread.aspx

Reaction score
If the UK is anything like Australia it's a network problem not Windows, although I think your EPG is a lot better then ours.
Ours works when they feel like getting the data out, a lot the time there is little or no information on a couple of the channels, including commercial channels.
One day you get a week's worth, another you get current and next only. The ABC often has no information (our version of BBC).
Just to make it interesting, often programs are running late, in particular lifestyle programs, most of which give me a pain the you know what.
When recording we need to add 15 minutes in the hope it's enough, one evening I allowed 30 minutes extra and missed the last 10 minutes of the movie.

Ask a Question