News Forum

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've made some changes to the permissions of the News Forum, as there have been quite a few non-news threads appearing in there recently (most asking for technical support). As it stands, only admins and mods can create news threads - but if there are any news threads in other forums created by members they can easily be moved across. :)

If particular members start to post news on a regular basis then I can always add them to a "news poster" usergroup which is able to post in that section.

These changes should mean that the news forum is kept for news topics and not general support (which we have plenty of other sections for ;)).

If you've got any thoughts on the changes then do let me know in this thread.

Reaction score
If we just make an occasional news thread do we send you a PM or would it automatically get moved over?

As this stops new users posting questions in the News part then it sounds like a good idea.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've slightly changed how the news forum works - it's now possible for VIP / MVP members to create news threads :)

Satchmo was interested in posting some news, so rather than add members on an individual basis I've changed the VIP/MVP permissions and Satchmo is now a VIP member a bit early :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to trial making the News forum open to all once again to see how it goes, because now that Windows 7 is out the News forum will likely become slightly broader in scope. If it doesn't work, then I'll revert back to the minimum post count method.

Reaction score
Ian

You should make it where a single poster couldn't post. Chances are they wouldnt have anything new worth adding anyway.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian

You should make it where a single poster couldn't post. Chances are they wouldnt have anything new worth adding anyway.
If the news forum gets abused I'll implement something like that - but I'll give it a few weeks to see how it goes :)

Ask a Question