How about a Windows 7 Forums newsletter ?

Reaction score
How about the Windows 7 Forum starting a weekly newsletter that gets emailed to all registered member. Also how about a gadget for the forum for Windows 7 ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi brkkab123, I've moved this thread to the feedback forum so we can take some opinions on this :)

I've thought about creating a newsletter for W7forums a few times, but I wasn't sure if this is something we'd get many subscribers to, or what we could include in it (Windows 7 News + Hot Topics is the only thing I can think of).

How do others feel about this?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
There is, as we know, the "Windows 7 Newsgroups " forum, but is is not apparently used for news specifically, nor does it have a separate sub forum.

Reaction score
I think it would get tons of subscribers

I think it would get tons of subscribers. The Windows Secrets newsletter, which I subscribe to I believe has over a million subscribers. I'm pretty sure Sunbelt's Win7News newsletter has alot also. If you do it, though, cover Security risks for different software, Windows Genuine Advantage Updates, How-To's and add-ons for Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center.
If a newsletter covered those items, plus had brief guides on other Windows 7 features, it would be a gold mine.
Windows Secrets only interest me in the last year with Susan Bradley's information on threats and different updates.
Sunbelt's Win7News newsletter makes you go to the internet too much in every one to get the complete article.
Just don't do that and it would definitely be a huge success.l
Hi brkkab123, I've moved this thread to the feedback forum so we can take some opinions on this :)

I've thought about creating a newsletter for W7forums a few times, but I wasn't sure if this is something we'd get many subscribers to, or what we could include in it (Windows 7 News + Hot Topics is the only thing I can think of).

How do others feel about this?

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I am not quite sure how this works. I just had a look at windows secrets (I think I got the right one - there are several) It looks as though it would duplicate and distract fdrom, the coverage already on the site in the various sub-forums??

Ask a Question