Newbie question about insering images and or attachments to message

Reaction score
Hi,

- I want to insert an image into a message: how do I do it?

- I want to attach a file to a message: how do I do it? (I clicked the clip icon and tried to insert it, but got message "Invalid File" when I clicked button "Upload" - it is an mht file, result of a Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor run)

TIA

Fernando

Reaction score
Use imageshack.us to upload the image and after the upload you will be directed to new page where link of the image will be there .See Left bottom of you screen for Forum Tab .A url will be there to post on forums something like :
[URL ] http :// www . imageshack. us/example/abc. png [/URL] (remove spaces)
Copy the whole thing in the message box and done !

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You can use ImageShack, as celldweller1591 suggested, or Photobucket or ImageBam.

Usually you want to use the "Direct Link" listing as it works the best.

Then click on the "Insert Image" icon in the posting box, it's between the blue globe and the yellow quote icons. A little window will pop-up and paste the URL there.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If you have the address of the mht, you could just paste in the link. Otherwise, if it is the contents you want the viewers to see, you could also use the snipping tool and attach the image to your post.
Last choice would be to convert the mht - there are small, free, programs that will do it - to an image and attach it in the normal way. When you open the advanced - attachment, window, you can see a list of valid extensions at the bottom of he window.

Last edited:

Ask a Question