- Oct 22, 2008
- Reaction score
daniel_k has released some new Audigy drivers (also for Audigy 2/4) which work on Windows 7 and includes some of the mixer software from the driver CDs.
Supports any model of the following Sound Blaster cards (based on Emu10kx DSP):
- Audigy 2
- Audigy 2 ZS
- Audigy 4
Host-based Audigy SE/LS/Value and Live! 24-bit cards are not supported.
Operating systems supported: 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7 / Vista SP1 & SP2 / XP SP3
Included in the pack:
- Audigy series driver 2.18.0010.17
- ALchemy 1.25.10
- Audio Console 1.31.10
- DDL License Activation 1.00.04 (*)
- Dolby Digital Live Pack 3.00.01 (*)
- EAX Console 3.00.56 (Windows XP only)
- Graphic Equalizer 2.00.65
- MediaSource DVD-Audio Player 2.00.78
- SoundFont Bank Manager 3.21.00
- Speaker Settings 2.00.60
- Surround Mixer 4.00.63 (Windows XP only)
(*) Purchase and activation required, more info at http://buy.soundblaster.com.
Fixes and improvements:
- Updates all InstallShield setup scripts to support Windows 7.
- Fixes installation INI to properly install applications depending on the detected OS.
- Removes COM workaround for Equalizer, fixed by Creative.
- Adds workaround to a memory corruption issue preventing Equalizer from starting on Windows 7/Vista.
- Updates shared modules, responsiveness on certain applications is improved.
- Enables CMSS2 and Stereo Surround.
- Fixes 32-bit ASIO not working on Windows 7 x64.
- Fixes Encoder not available on Windows 7 x64 (related to fix above).
- Modifies default format on Windows 7 / Vista to 24-bit, 48kHz.
- Properly adds support for 64-bit OpenAL and 64-bit ASIO.
- Sets default speaker setting to 5.1 to properly reset configs to their defaults during install (fixes Bass and Treble leves not set to 50% on Windows 7 / Vista).