Creative Inspire T3100

Reaction score
Hello peeeeeps!

Okay, i know this isnt a W7 related issue, but i figure if anyone can help, its you lot!
Anyway, theyre about a month old, working swimmingly. until about 30 mins ago. Suddenly, 90% of the sound output was coming from the right speaker, and 10% from the left. I checked the sound mixer, master vol was in the middle, as it shoulda been. I checked the connections, everythings secure. There IS sound coming from the left speaker, and its not broken, when I slide the master volume to put 90% output to the left(i.e. making it balanced..) i can crank up the vol. and itll play fine. So i don't get how/why the sound suddenly is pushing everything into the right speaker, it dosent seem to be broken. (side note, these are plug n play, no drivers installed apart from the system ones [realtek HD])Could it be an onboard soundcard issue? or something else?

---

The speakers will, randomly, go back to 50/50 balance. And then AGAIN return to 10/90.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you try pluggint the speakers in to anything else and see if it sounds ok? Best just to rule out a physical problem first of all :)

Reaction score
I had already tried headphones, they were fine, so I figured it was specific to the left speaker.

Ive been waiting for the sound to go 10/90 again so i can plug it into other things and test.... and its been fine all day. How annoying.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ive been waiting for the sound to go 10/90 again so i can plug it into other things and test.... and its been fine all day. How annoying.
As long as it stays like that, then it should be fine ;). If headphones work fine using the same line out/speaker connection then it sounds like it could be a hardware fault with the speakers (if I'm understanding you correctly).

Ask a Question