Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Reaction score
I've installed Windows 7 and everything is working great. I've managed to install the drivers for my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy, the device is working properly, and everything seems to be working.

Only one problem: No sound comes out of my speakers. I've already triple-checked, and I know it's not the speakers (tried multiple speakers) or the connection (tried multiple connections), so I know it's a software issue. Any help?

Reaction score
Hi,
You should have driver version 5.12.1.2020 installed dated 16/10/2009 from Creative for your card to work in Windows 7. If not update your driver.
It may be obvious but have you checked Sound in control panel to ensure 'no sound' is not selected for your sound scheme. Check your file type associations for your player and make sure all the boxes are checked. Also SB Audigy sometimes has a problem with AC3 codecs and will not have the capability to recognise it properly leaving you with movie background music, background sound but no dialogue. If you have AC3 sound issues there is an external application that will fix that. It's called AC3 filter and is a free download.

Reaction score
Are the speakers usb powered or powered by AC power outlet? Is the sound card properly and fully seated?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
BTW, there are often differences in the drivers functionality. In XP I could have speakers in the back & headphones in the front and both work, with W7 plugging in the headphones disables the rear speakers.

And make sure your speakers are plugged into the green jack.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Sherbydoo, why did you reply to a post for help dating Nov 2009? :eek: I'm sure he's resolved or moved on from the issue by now!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
:hahaha: LOL, I didn't even notice the date on the original post!

Well maybe it will help somebody else who finds this thread in a search.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Hehe, well it might!

Still, the w7forums have trained me to always check the OP posting dates, saved me many a long posts that would've otherwise been wasted! :beer:

Ask a Question