network topic forum

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I agree with you Bassfisher! I believe it would be a handy forum thread indeed.

Maybe Ian would be willing to provide some input on this idea.

Reaction score
I'm of the thinking if you don't have it you can't sell it....if it aint here people won't post here and look else where.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I agree it could be one for consideration.
But, in the same context, Ian should beware of overkill in this area. As one of the few dedicated Windows 7 sites, whilst it may not attract quite so many users as some, at least they know where they are going and what they are getting.
To emphasise my point. I am currently more on Windows 8 forums than Windows 7. One of the newer (dedicated) Windows 8 sites - the one with which we are all familiar, has 52 separate sections. This naturally results in cross references and repetition of questions and answers. It is a nightmare for a new enquirer to first examine the site to see if the question has been asked and, indeed, if there is a conclusive answer to it.
fwiw. The associated windows 7 site suffers the same dillema. far too much material and reference.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If it's a popular request then I'm more than happy to add this section :). I'm of the same mind as Dave, in that too many sections can be overkill - but if a networking forum would be used by people then I will add it ASAP :D.

I'd be interested to hear from other users/moderators and if it's a thumbs up, I'll get it online.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Networking!
There are so many topics that fall under this category, it's mind boggling. I would be interested!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, lets give this a go - I'll have it online in the next 10 mins or so :).

Ask a Question