SOLVED Network Printing will not work

Reaction score
Can not print with network print anymore. Had desktop withVista 32 bit network printer installed. Laptop had W-7 64 bit Professional with xp mode installed. Could print using both 7 and xp mode from laptop to Vista network printer. Updated Vista desktop to W-7 Professional 64 bit. Had to download 64 bit Epson printer driver on new desktop. All the file sharing work just fine. Also the desktop printer works.

Printer sharing will not work. When I try to print from laptop all that happens is it pits the document into Epson queue. Under properties of the queue printer it shows it is a shared desktop printer. I the problem that I have to install laptop printer driver (that was for Vista 32 bit) and install 64 bit driver to match new desktop driver.

Reaction score
Solved: I used "troubleshooting" in control panel. It found the printer issue was "Not Fixed" . It said that it could not find a computer named "Lyn". Then I realized that when I started the new desktop I had named it Lyn-Desk. All I had to do was remove printer from laptop, and add a new printer it found the "Lyn-Desk" printer, installed the new driver, voila-all works.

Ask a Question