SOLVED network password

Reaction score
i have a small home network - two pcs running windows 7 ultimate, a seagate black armor nas and a sony blu ray player. everyone was talking to each other without issue. my first pc was getting a bit full/tired/slow so i decided to rebuild it with an ssd boot drive. new fresh install of windows, everything went fine until i tried to connect to the nas - "enter network username and password", there is no user name or password!!! i eventually, through trial and error, managed to gain access with "username - admin, password - admin". however, two problems remain. despite checking the 'remember credentials' box it doesn't. whenever i reboot i have to enter them again, not a massive deal but a little annoying. big problem however is that this still only gives windows access, not other programs - so the seagate nas discovery software cannot access the nas - "error listing shares of device: access is denied" and serviio, which i use to push the media stored on the nas downstairs to the blu ray cannot access it either. most annoying. the weird thing is that i only built the second pc a few months ago, exactly the same, but this can access the nas without any issues. i have been trawling the forums and have found loads of people with the same or similar problems, but no solutions - i have tried all the solutions offered with no success. any clues?

Reaction score
sorted it. my user profile was apparently corrupt, i set up a new profile and migrated all my settings across, network access all working fine now.

Reaction score
I'm not the network admin,

My issue is........

*Windows Security (In windows 7) keeps asking for my credentials, and won't "Remember my credentials"*

Even if I check mark the box that says "Remember my credentials", I'll eventually be prompted to enter my credentials again.

I am an administrator for this computer.

Please let me know if there's any other details..

Attachments

Ask a Question