Network Password problem

Reaction score
Hi, I've got on desktop and one laptop both running Windows 7 and both linked a homegroup. I can see the two computers, but when I try to access them, whether on the desktop or the laptop, I get a Windows Security dialogue box asking me for a username and password. I presumed the username is the one I gave the system when setting up the OS. That worked ok, but when I presumed that the password wanted was the homegroup password, I seem to have presumed too much. Seeing as I don't have a user account password (neither computer is password protected), I don't see what other password it could want. Any ideas? I've looked around on forums and it seems this whole network connectivity thing for W7 is a bit of an issue, but I couldn't find anything directly related to my problem. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Oh, and I have already ticked off the "Turn off password protected sharing" box in Advanced sharing settings

Ask a Question