Network discovery drivers

Reaction score
I had this Cisco Linksys network software to show who was on my network....I hardly ever used it so I uninstalled it. Now my utilities software tells me this driver is not working right, to check in device manager. Checking in device manager, everything is copastatic. So is it truly uninstalled or what? For now I just hid the error in my utilities program.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
everything is copastatic
Silly fish! LOL! It's... copacetic. Don't feel too bad, I have mis-spelled it using a "d" in the past. It is a toughy for sure!

Here's an interesting link about it's origins: http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-cop1.htm

As for the program, it probably left traces hanging around. Is the program's folder and related items gone from the C drive Programs section?

Have you tried CCleaner registry cleaner/fixer to see if that helps?

Reaction score
Dang it...I didn't know I was in English/grammar class.....Again....LOL, freaking spelling checker aint worth crap.

Yes and Yes.....the folder is there and as to which files belong to "Easy Link Advisor", I'm not sure because I still use a Linksys router. Why can't it be simple? Yes...I have ran Ccleaner and everything else I have....still nothing.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Which utilities program are you using? Did you uninstall through the Control Panel - Programs section?

Have you tried Revo Uninstaller to see if it will remove the remaining traces of the program?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't copastatic caused by wearing double-knit polyester outfits while disco dancing too close to your partner? I think it was first diagnosed at the Copacabana Club while dancing to Barry Manilow records! LOL!

Reaction score
Tuneup Utilities 2010 paid version. Yes on removal from control panel and No on Revo uninstaller...If all ready uninstalled how will revo uninstaller remove remaining traces of it?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
It can pick up traces of programs still remaining.

I would just delete the folder and it's sub-folders and files, then in the Search box in the C drive window type the program's name and make sure it's all deleted. I've had to do that in the past.

Does Tuneup Utilities give you a log of exactly what files and/or folders are still remaining? That may be useful.

Reaction score
Wow...I just found the tool in Revo uninstaller "Junk Files cleaner" .... I ran it. I could not believe what it found. Even after I had all ready run the other cleaners..Ccleaner and Tuneup Utilities.

Yep, just did the manual delete of all folders and files of easy link advisor from linksys. Thanks bud.....

Search is clean.....

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
So Bassfisher, can we mark this thread as solved? ThreadTools.jpg

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
BTW, did you use the freeware version of Revo uninstaller or the 30-day trial of Pro?

If you used the freeware version then it sounds like something worth adding to the freeware database (it's already been recommended by another user once) plus I'm thinking of trying it myself if the free version is of any worth.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have the Pro version of Revo installed since back in the summer, and it worked until I updated it in early October. Never paid a cent for it. Recently, I updated it the the more recent version, and I believe that it's already past 30 days, and it's still going. If it does quit on me, I still have the exe file on a thumb drive.

Cat

Ask a Question