Network advice Needed?.

Reaction score
I have a Win7 OS PC connected to the Internet by a Virgin Cable Modem and a Buffalo WHR G300N Router which I have just updated to DD-WRT. On my Home Network I have another PC with the XP Home OS and a Panasonic Viera TV all wired via Cat5 Fast Ethernet Cable. Prior to updating to the DD-WRT yesterday software all of my Home Network items worked. Since the update I have internet access on this PC the main Win7 OS one but I cannot see the Win XP Home PC and although I have Internet access on the Viera Link TV I cannot view the files on my main PC via the DLNA connection on the TV. After updating to DD-WRT I got a Comodo pop up saying a new network has been discovered which I allowed. Now I see in my Comodo Network Zones I have three entries now, compared to two previously. Now in Comodo I have "Loopback Zone, IP In [127.0.0.1 / 255.0.0.0] as well as Home #1 [192.168.1.107 / 255.255.255.0] and Home #3 [192.168.1.1 / 255.255.255.0] In the Windows 7 Network and Sharing Center I see that my PC is now connected through Network #3 when it was Network #1 previously. I have set rules in Comodo for both home networks to attempt a solution but other than this my main PC I still cannot see the other devices on my home network. Is there a way in which I could resolve this situation, perhaps by deleting all networks except the Loopback Zone in both Windows and Comodo and starting afresh?. Any advice/help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Are you seeing netbios block messages in Comodo?
Can you ping the other devices on your network?

Ask a Question