Need Help with Windows 7 Home Premium Boot

Reaction score
I have a Dell Studio 15 with Core i7 740 processor, 4 GB RAM and 500g HDD.

Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Installed

I have installed Linux Mint 10 last month and everything was so fine. I have deleted the Linux Partition by mistake and my default boot was using GRUB.

So i got a GRUB error when i restarted my system and so i loaded my system with a FreeDOS LiveCD and ran "fdisk /mbr" command to fix my Master Boot Record.

GRUB has got removed, But windows 7 is booting up and it is showing error and prompts me to load Windows 7 CD/DVD

I have misplaced my Windows 7 recovery Disk, My BAD.

What are my other options and how to fix this?? Please help.

P.S. I tried hitting F8 to get into advanced options, No Luck:-(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you have another computer with W7 you should be able to create a repair DVD on that one.

Or Barrow a W7 install disk from anyone you can. The repair feature should fix your system. I doubt it will ask but just be sure to use your product key, not theirs if it does.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've had the same thing happen to me, several times. The repair or install disc has always bailed me out. So far, I haven't had to enter a key to get going.

This is why I now run Linux OS's on a separate HDD, or through a VM. This way, my Windows bootloader doesn't get overwritten.

Cat

Ask a Question