need help vista blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a older hp laptop wi th vista home premium need windows 7 ultimate tried the image burns etc but have no restart discs or anything please help free or very cheap please
thanks in advance

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The cheapest W7 ultimate would be the OEM version which runs about US$180. Do a search for "Windows 7 ultimate OEM" to find places that sell it. Unless you need the multiple language option or the encrypted drive feature there is very little reason to get Ultimate.

Also, there is no direct upgrade path from Vista HP to W7 Ultimate so you will need to back up your data to an external drive, then do a fresh install of W7 Ultimate, reinstall all your programs, then restore your data.

Reaction score
ok which one would you recomend
thanks
i need it as cheap as possible

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well as I mentioned the biggest things offered by Ultimate are the multi-language option and BitLocker encryption.
W7 Professional offers XP mode, Domain Join, and expands Windows Backup to allow the output to go to a network drive.
If you don't need any of those things then stick with Home Premium.

Reaction score
you Cannot buy windows 7 home premiun from microsoft so i am looking for the cheapest place to purchase or if someone would like to share their extra user licennse i ill be gLAD to pay them
I also have a dell inspiron mini that has 7 starter that i would like to upgrade
please help thanks
Jim

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Actually you can buy W7 from Microsoft because if it detects an illegal copy of W7 on your computer on your computer it will direct you to a place to pay for it.

To upgrade your Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium the ideal solution would be Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Version. Vista H.P. to W7 H.P. via the Upgrade Version allows you to leave all your programs and data and simply upgrades your OS. OEM versions and W7 Pro or Ultimate require custom installs and would not provide that upgrade in place option.

As for your mini with starter, to upgrade that I suggest a Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade to Home Premium. Find anytime upgrade on your mini and it will direct you to a place to buy online (See details HERE).

Reaction score
if someone has a license aN EXTRA THEY ARE NOT USING i would like to purchase
windows home premium
thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
jimbob, try newegg.com or amazon.com.

I'm going to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question