Need Help Urgently Freeze...

Reaction score
My laptop with window 7 home premium when startup after a few minute its start to freeze with internet connection which make me hold the power button to reboot it... but it doesn't freeze when i doesn't connect internet ... Help please .. its happen me over a week.. :afraid:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What happened about a week ago? Maybe your network drivers were updated?

Best recommendation I can think of is to run Control Panel > Backup and Restore. Select "Recover system settings or your computer" from the bottom of the screen. Click "Open System Restore". Pick a restore point from the list that is prior to your current problems and restore your system. NOTE: anything you installed since then (that isn't the cause of your freezing) will need reinstalled.

You should also manually run Windows Update and see if perhaps the trouble was introduced as a driver update; if it was you need to right-click on that update and choose "hide update" so that it is not installed again. Driver updates can do this if you have the windows update box checked that says "treat recommended updates the same as critical updates" because drivers only "slip in" as recommended. Better to turn that off and take the responsibility to manually check for recommended updates once a month or so.

Reaction score
Not sure what happen, I did nothing to my laptop
Doesn't work
Anymore solution =(
When i doesn't connect internet startup my laptop, its doesn't freeze. As long as i doesn't connect internet first to startup my laptop its doesn't freeze even if later on connect internet with the laptop on.
But if startup with internet connection on, its freeze which make me hold power button to reboot.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you try the system restore? As I said it may have been a bad driver installed during a windows update.

Reaction score
I tried system restore.
Its say system restore uncompleted.
What can i do for now?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First make sure it isn't a virus. Download TDSSKiller and RKill from our Freeware DB. If you do not have an anti-virus then download, install, and allow to update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). Then reboot your system into safe mode without networking (Reboot and, when it says "Starting Windows," Press F8; If you get a message asking continue in safe mode or perform a system restore, choose continue in safe mode). Now run TDSSKiller and after that run RKill and after that run a full virus scan. The first two will take maybe 5 minutes each but a full virus scan can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours depending on your hard drive size and number of files.

TDSSKiller is designed specifically to look for rootkits. RKill is designed to stop the stealthing programs that hide/protect/regenerate some nasty viruses. Running these first will help ensure your A/V has the absolute best chance of cleaning up infected files.

Assuming it is not a virus then go to Windows Update. Click on View Update History. If it isn't already, sort the list by Sort the Look by Date Installed and make note of any in the last 10 days, most importantly, Network-related Drivers (NIC cards, etc)

Then click on Installed Updates and uninstall any recent drivers (if they are listed). If you saw one on the previous screen but see nothing on this one then you will need to go to control panel > Device Manager and locate that item. Open properties for it and choose "rollback driver".

.... Those are my only ideas other than a fresh W7 reinstall or restore from an image backup if you have one.

Ask a Question