SOLVED Need help trying to figure this Flash based Tracking Cookie out

Reaction score
I have this Flash based tracking cookie that keep's reappearing during every scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Professional 5.0.1144. I've attached screenshot's of the threat's location in Windows, SUPERAntiSpyware's 2 logs with same threat. I did a System Image restore yesterday morning and this same tracking cookie has been showing up numerous times daily for over a week now. I've tried changing the Flash Setting's Manager's setting using a online guide and browsing all site's became useless. I had to use System Restore to get all web pages to showarticle's on various pc magazine websites. Sites like maximumpc.com, pcworld.com and pcmag,com. All reputable sites.

Attachments

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
From one website, there's this answer:
imrworlwide.com tracks browsing habits by loading a java applet on your machine which enables them to track quite detailed information about your usage. Google it, there's plenty there.

If you are concerned about your privacy, there are a number of things you can do. Block *.imrworldwide.com, turn of java support in your browser, or add a list of entries into the hosts file."

Also this too:
Some cookies are re-created immediately upon deletion or on reboot, some flash cookies SAS is not able to remove. In either case, cookies will not harm your computer. If you google "delete flash cookies" you should find some resources on how to delete them manually.

Using System Restore sounds quite drastic to me. Actually overkill really.

Don't get me wrong here, but I believe this is truly much ado about nothing.

Reaction score
Can HostsMan help ? I've installed it and am using the default MVPS.org host file. If not, how do I enter it in the host file ?

Reaction score
Nibs: I just took ownership of the hosts file and entered the following at the end of the list 127.0.0.1 secure-us.imrworldwide.com and then saved it. I made sure everything was lined up correctly and put it on it's own line. Did I do it correctly ?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Can HostsMan help ? I've installed it and am using the default MVPS.org host file. If not, how do I enter it in the host file ?
I must admit, I'm not familiar with that piece of software, so I won't be much help with that one. :dontknow:

Nibs: I just took ownership of the hosts file and entered the following at the end of the list 127.0.0.1 secure-us.imrworldwide.com and then saved it. I made sure everything was lined up correctly and put it on it's own line. Did I do it correctly ?
From what I read, it sounds like you did it right. As I stated previously I personally feel that this is something you don't need to get too worked up about.

Reaction score
Everything is still working in my 3 browser's and SAS came up clean this time. I guess we solved it. Thanks Nibs. 1st time I ever edited the HOSTS file.

Ask a Question