Need advice on computer speakers!

Reaction score
Hi!

I have recently got a new system assembled. I am now looking for a good set of computer speakers to go with the system. I use the system to watch a lot of movies as well as listen to music almost every day. So I am looking for something that gives me a decent home theater experience.

I remember reading somewhere that “bigger and heavier speakers almost always sound better than small, lightweight ones”. What about speakers with a wooden base, single/multiple woofers, etc? I am not looking for advice on any particular brand so much as the aspects or factors to be considered while shopping for speakers. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

By the way, my system config is as below:

AMD Athlon II X3 440 Processor on MSI 880GMA-E45 motherboard with 2X2 GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate Ed. 32bit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey there...

Yep, rule of thumb with speakers and even electronics, is that heavier is better.

The reason this is so with speakers is because of the magnet. It's true there are different metals used and one particular type at a certain weight is better than another metal at certain weight.

But anyhow, approaching this in a non-technical way is best. Decide the highest price you're willing to spend. Then search online for various speaker systems at that price. Read reviews and it shouldn't be all that difficult to pick something.

You'll want to connect by analog from the motherboard audio, not digital. This is because your motherboard is going to have much better ADDA conversions than the speaker system, unless you truly buy something really expensive.

If you connect by analog, the conversions will take place on the motherboard codec hardware instead of the speaker system, resulting in better quality audio overall.

Reaction score
I prefer you to bought Orange Speakers SP-800 ..........Its so economical and best .

Ask a Question