Need a recommendation for Photo Editing

Reaction score
Hello guys. This time I am not asking for help with software errors, but instead, which software to use.

Here's what's going on. Imagine a 4 year old, with a laptop, but this 4 year old is my mom (they have about the same amount of patience and experience with computers), she likes taking pictures, and loading them up to send to all her relatives, family, friends back in Ukraine, Russia, former USSR countries. With W7, Microsoft took out the good picture editor.

She hates Windows Live Photo Gallery editing options, and she hates the Picasa picture editor I downloaded for her.

She needs a picture viewing software that will let her EASILY crop, straighten, lighten, sharpen, adjust color, and that crap on pictures.

I also tried the trial of ACDSee, and she didn't like it either. PLEASE help me, give me some other options.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
IF you have Microsoft Office installed it has a native image editor as part of its install package.

It's in the folder called Office Tools and called: Microsoft Office Image Editor. It works very well.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There are several graphics editors in our Freeware DB. Your mom already nuked two of them so maybe try going with Draceena's recommendation of Photofiltre.

Ask a Question