Multiple screens during boot.

Reaction score
Hi there, as you can tell I am new here. I have a question and I've never seen this before in other OSes I've had. My friend recently reinstalled Win7 for me (I usually don't ever turn my computer off so I don't know if it was like this before).

The computer came on, showed the Starting Windows Animations/Screen. - Normal
Instead of going from that to the main desktop, there are a few other screens then the desktop. These screens say things like 'preparing desktop' (there are 3/4 screens in total each saying something different, I can't remember them at the moment though as they only show up doing boot).

Is there a way to get these screens to stop showing and go directly too the desktop? Thanks for any help, hopefully somebody understands what I am saying since I can't do screen proofs or anything. If I could I would.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Have you booted multiple times? Are you sure this isn't a one-time set-up deal for the new installation? What OS did you have before this W7?

Reaction score
Yes, I've booted multiple times now. They show up during every boot. I am coming from Ubuntu/Win Vista (I had a dual boot, my friend deleted them all and put just Win7).

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Could you take a screenshot of your desktop and also find out what the other 3 screens say on boot.

It's possible your logon is somehow messed up or it might just be a something special, like rocketdock, etc. so I'm hoping more info will give more to search on.

Ask a Question