Make a Desktop Available to Multiple Users

Reaction score
Hello,

At present I am the only user on a PC running Win 7. The PC is on a work network so multiple users can log into this PC if they have an ID on the network.

Is it possible to make my desktop available to other users who log in to the computer. Particularly I would like to make multiple drivers and installed programs available to particular users who log-in to the PC. (ie the programs that appear on my desktop).

Thanks,

Nevica

Reaction score
Probably what you are needing is Windows Server. That way every station can have their client which runs from one server.

Reaction score
Probably not. I think this is something to do with WIN 7 user authorities. I'm pretty sure Win Server is not needed.

Reaction score
Perhaps I don't understand what it is you are doing and don't know of available multiple user possibilities. I am almost certain it is not possible because Windows 7 is a single user license per machine (that is my understanding). Even remote desktop is a single user or at the most shared (alternating) control. You would need a multi-user license such as what comes with Windows Server. If I'm wrong, please correct my ignorance.

Software that allow multiple users to use the same PC at one time, alters the license agreement making it possible.

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't mean multiple users at the same time.

I mean different users will be able to see my desktop and the related software I have installed.

As I understand it, when a user logs into a corporate network on Windows 7 with individual corporate network IDs then each person who logs in will see there own desktop and the related software that each user has installed. Normally, each user does not have access to other user desktops, but I am thinking that there must be a way of doing this.

Nevica

Ask a Question